Saturday, January 06, 2007

i don't just collect bikes


yeah, i'm a godzilla fan in case you can't tell. i have about a dozen different figures, but the big ones are my most prized (seen here on top of my fridge). the one on the right is a toho original that i got for christmas in '78. i was nine years old (props to my mom for marking everything). that was one of the best christmas's ever, because not only did i get the godzilla but i also got my first brand new bike (a blue schwinn, i had to ride my brothers' handmedowns before that). a few years back i found some cool retro figures on ebay, so on top of my pc monitor at home is my own miniature version of one of my favorite 'zilla films: godzilla vs. megalon.

1 comment:

nicol said...

I will be on the look out for vintage 'zilla figures. I collect very old bottles, some came from people digging underground near abandoned outhouses looking specifically for bottles. :)

Cool mom to mark your toys like that, btw.