Thursday, November 20, 2008

if these shoes could talk....



like any avid cyclist i have a number of pairs of cycling shoes (four pairs of sidis) in my inventory. but for running around town i prefer sneakers, and for me that usually means old school adidas soccer shoes. they make great cycling shoes if you use quill track pedals and toeclips like i do on my street bikes. of the dozen or so pairs of adidas i have, my green suede sambas have been my favorite pair by far. they are 80's vintage and have been in my shoe rotation for at least 10 years. oh the memories... the rides, the parties, the rendezvous. but finally they are done, the soles are wafer thin where i pedal and there's a hole too. the old kicks have served me well and so i bid them farewell. and now... it's time to break out my 80's vintage green suede pair #2! (i always have a backup) :)

5 comments:

MELI. said...

old shoes are the best, carry so many memories. nice green ones CC!!
Anytime I get a new pair, I always consider the pedal factor;)

WordsOnSounds said...

I've found Sketchers to be good for around-the-town cycling. They're mostly sneaker style, but with kind of a Euro look that's dressy enough for work, too. But I'm one of those lamo-o platform pedal guys ;-)

gravy said...

No way.

Pumas!

E/OR said...

adidas or vans slip ons. especially if they are "vulcanized" - best way to rock kicks in clips. With flats then anything with style, except of course, Puma's, just 'cause.

c-record said...

yo fluxus, platforms are cool but the only drawback; they wear my sneakers faster because of the studs. but when it gets really cold and i wear boots, nothing is better than a simple platform.