Tuesday, August 22, 2006

funky german grips




put some new ergon grips on the B.U.S.S. for the tuesday night MWC ride. yes, they look funny, but we've been hearing that some enduro riders are using them because they are suppost to be so comfortable. as for me, it's too early to tell if they really are more comfy than a standard grip. my forearms and wrists were pretty sore, when usually it's just my palms (with my old oury grips), after a fast ride through the park. so perhaps i still need to get the angle adjusted right. i'm guessing that for smoother riding (gravel, enduro, commuting, etc.) they might be perfect. but for rough stuff (like the single track in the park) i think the grip doesn't matter as much if you're like me and running a rigid fork and aren't wearing a good pair of padded gloves. you're going to be sore no matter what.

No comments: