Sunday, June 11, 2006

sunburned


i'm now sorry for teasing sydney about her fanatical use of sunscreen. i think most of my burn happened on day 2, on the 100 miler. that day started out with a t-storm and riding in the rain, so i didn't think to put any on. later in the afternoon it was hot and sunny, and well.. as you can see i have quite the 'reverse racoon' mask thing going on. it just got darker and darker through the rest of the week, even though i did borrow sunscreen from sydney every day from then on. i even bought some 'after burn' aloe vera gel in Cambridge on day 3, and applied it twice a day since. it has helped (no pain) but i'm sure my face and ears will start to peel soon.

3 comments:

How do i get to my old stuff said...

What a whiner. ;)

Anonymous said...

Conrad

are you still alive in lincoln. I am in Paraguay, though lack of biking just might kill me.

Kate

amber eve said...

well look who i found...